Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Holiday in Nha Trang

Parties Yeah!!!!!
Nha Trang such a great place for nightlife, the beach and the weather. I love Sailing club whenever I go back my home town and go there for few beers or having dinner with friends.

Everything is not so expensive and people are really friendly. They leave you alone on the beach and they give you a sweet greeting on the street. If you are an easy going person who doesn’t mind eating on the street or in a small restaurant then don’t forget to go to “Nem Ninh Hoa” spring roll restaurant on Le Loi Street. It serves crispy rice paper, pork and vegetables and rolling yourself with rice paper and dipping with a very special orange sauce with some sweet and spicy chilli. It’s delicious with an amazing price. You’d spend 2 dollars for 2 people for your lunch or dinner with 2 or 3 drinks.

There is another small shop near the “Dam” Market where they sell great “Bun Ca” Fish noodle, where they use normal noodles which are long and round with steam fish, veggies and you’d order some more fried fish which makes you roll your eyes around and enjoy. It costs about 5 cents, meaning 7000 dongs per bowl.

Steam rice pancake “Banh Xeo” and “Banh Can” are unbelievably good. They are steamed rice flower with shrimp, cuttlefish and small eggs, eaten with special fish sauce and veggies. Or some places cook it with pork but with the same stuff. At some other places they mix eggs with flower and cook but some places they don’t. Ask them in advance if you are a very strictly vegetarian fellow.

Going down to the new part of Tran Phu street is the seafood restaurants area, you can ask people about Bien Tien restaurant which has really famous fried squid with butter and living king prawns or Lobster. You can choose whatever live fish are in the pool and they charge you with the reasonable price. Another very famous restaurant that you should check it out is “Gio” Wind restaurant, which has beautiful food for a reasonable price with very nice sea crab, located in the centre and right in front of the beach. If you are a big, adventurous person then go to the restaurant at No 6 Ngo Sy Lien with very good grilled squid and fish salad with Asian herbs. Most of these seafood places cost you about $15 or 200.000 dongs for your meal for 2.

Don’t forget to try one day boat trip and enjoy your whole day between 4 different islands with a seafood lunch and drink horrible Vietnamese red wine with pineapple, smoke and swim around the floating bar with very crazy Vietnamese staff. Check it out with Mama Hanh’s Green Hat. You’d have such a great day and get pissed at the end of the tour with only 100.000 dongs or 6 bucks.

Hope you guys who read my story enjoy your trip in my city with cheers and beers!!!

9 comments:

lirelou said...

Good to see a blog site by someone familiar with Nha Trang. I served there for six months in 1968, from Tet until very late May, when I moved up to Pleiku. I always loved the Buddha, but had never seen the Cham tower. I lived out in Dien Khanh, which I was taught to pronounce "Zien Khanh" (Tieu Ta Ngoc la ngoui Bac). When I went back with the wife several years ago, no one recognized the name. Very frustrating as everyone had no trouble with Binh Tan. Only when my wife "Can tho-ized" the pronounciation did we get directed to "Yien Khanh". Very glad to see that it still exists, but the wall of the old citadel is crumbling. THe two reconnaissance platoons and CIGD company that I advised were mostly people from Nha Trang, and they used to tell me tales of the city. How the Dutch (or Portuguese) had helped the Viets take it from the Cham by firing cannon from their ships. My favorite part of the valley was up towards My Loc, just above Cam Lam district (where they raised race horses for the Saigon track). On clear nights you could see all the way to Nha Trang. The company commander I advised had served with both the Viet Minh and Viet Cong before changing sides, in Regiment 95, so maybe your Dad knew him. We may have even traded shots occasionally. My wife is from Can Tho, so we may end up back there some day. She has really falled in love with Nha Trang. We usually travel in a mob whenever we visit, renting a van and packing relatives in it. We usually stay at Guest House #30, next to the "Nha Trang/White House" restaurant. I saw that they's installed a microbrewery in there the last time I was through (coming down from Hue in Feb this year), but I didn't get to try it. We were up in Hanoi last November, with six of her sisters and four nieces, and everybody was freezing to death. They didn't like the food, and also had a hard time communicating with the locals, but loved the sites and the water puppets. Hue, they loved everything about, especially the "mam tom".

Van Cong Tu said...

Let me know if you ever comeback Viet Nam again.

sex shop discreto said...

The dude is absolutely right, and there is no question.

Indian Pharmacy said...

Sounds really coo,l, i have hear some good stuff about this country, right now I'm looking for options because i want to go to another country, I will keep in mind your post, thanks

lirelou said...

God knows, we will be back in Nha Trang next week. Currently nha toi is with her family in Tam Vu, Hau Giang, just outside Can Tho. She will meet me in Saigon and we'll spend a few days there before heading up to Nha Trang. After that it's down to the Delta. Besides Can Tho, I intend to spend some time traveling between Chau Doc, Ba Chuc, and Ha Tien. Ba Chuc is the site of my next novel, and I want to get a feel for the Seven mountains region around Ba Chuc, Ba Xoai, Nuii Cam, and Nui Giai.

Vietnam tours said...

Nha Trang is one of the most tourist destination in Vietnam.

Vietnam tours said...

Nha Trang is one of the most tourist destination in Vietnam.

Vietnam tour said...

It is a destination in Vietnam, I like Nha Trang

Vietnam tours said...

Wow, I lie food, thank you!