Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Welcome to Vietnam

Welcome Megan to Vietnam! Yes, this is the reason why I made this party. I went to the flower market near Nhat Tan about 4 kms away from the city at 1.30Am, and I had to hire a “Xe ôm” to bring all my flowers home. It took me 2.30 hours to put all flowers in vases, then I fell asleep amongst all the greenery. I slept for about 30 minutes then my friends Megan and Mark got home from Sapa on the late train, and it was about 5.30 Am. I felt exhausted the next day but I was really happy that I did a great decoration for my house.

My party was on the roof which is full of plants, flowers, lights, BEERS and wine. I invited about 30 people to join my BBQ party. The food included green papaya salad with prawns, green papaya salad with beef, grilled pork in Russian style with a big square thick shape, grilled prawns with garlic and butter, grilled prawns with chilli and lemongrass, grilled beef with sate and lemongrass and grilled Sapa fish in wrapping paper. Food was delicious and we ended our party at 2 Am then we clean up until 3.30 Am. A happy ending!

My friends liked my place, this is not my first BBQ and they seemed to had a good time.
Thanks everyone for coming and share my happy time with Megan from Australia, I am sure that she had a good time here in Vietnam and in your companies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great host, great food, great party. What Tu didn't mention was the weather. While there was thunder and lightening all around us (great light show, adding to Tu's own mood lighting!), this must have been the only place in Hanoi that didn't get rained on - the gods were truely looking down on Tu. Thanks for yet another great evening, Gaylene & Eric (Kiwis living in Hanoi)

Van Cong Tu said...

Thanks for leaving me such a nice comment. I'm glad that you had a good time. Oops, sorry that I forgot to mention about the weather, but its also a good thing that you remembered. Thank god it didn't happen to our party. God loves vietnamesegod hahaha

Anonymous said...

I like the flowers and i bet your house is absolutely florish with that kind of flower decoration. I just wonder what kind of flower is it? I was born in Vietnam and had been living there for years before went to the States for studying, but i've never seen that flower before. Probably they just have it in the north.

Van Cong Tu said...

Hi Nguyen,
Thanks for your comment. Yes, you are right, my house was full of flowers and i am so glad that it looked great and everybody loved it. I am not really sure about that flower's name in English but it's called Láng flower in Vietnamese and They are everywhere in Vietnam - I think. All the best mate.