Friday, November 30, 2007

Flowers Business

Flower

The flower business is really hot now in Vietnam, especially in Hanoi. I love wandering around to see how florists are arranging their flowers. Most regular florists in Hanoi use heaps of paper and decoration around their bunches of flowers. In some Hanoi streets, the florists sell to a more specific consumer.

Flower

In Phung Hung Street, most businesses sell flowers and anything relating to funerals. I talked to some girls who work sticking flowers into round boards for funerals. Each takes them around one hour to finish and it lasts a few days. They use mostly old flowers and plastic flowers for the outer rounds and they use good flowers for the big centre piece to attract the customer's attention.

6 comments:

tweeboowee said...

thanks for the post. i'm a floral designer also, and that was really interesting to see.

Thuy said...

I saw tons of these arrangements when I was in Vietnam. There must be a lot of funerals.

Wuttisak said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Orchid Care

Godknows said...

Thanks for all comments.

Invertir en Oro said...

This blog make me laugh a lot, i think that is good.

muebles oferta said...

The author is absolutely right, and there is no question.