Monday, February 26, 2007

Silly Rabbit

I went out for coffee with my friends and saw an old man selling rabbits. I loved rabbits alot when I was a boy and I decided to buy 2 male rabbits and put them upstairs on the balcony. When I got home, my dog, Misa, started chasing them and one of them ran down stairs to hide in my bedroom and other one disappeared. I ran up and down trying to find where he'd gone but I couldn't find him. I came up to my bedroom and took the one in my bedroom up stairs but after five minutes of hanging around, he decided to 'FLY' down over the balcony onto the alley below and die. I felt so bad and ran downstairs before putting him in a plastic bag. The other one had still not been seen.

The next day, when I was updating my blog, I heard the lady next door screaming at my landlord. After a few minutes, my door bell rang non-stop, so I went down and saw the old lady with a very upset face shouting at me and repeating the strange question "had I been throwing papaya seeds down onto her head?" I told her a hundred times that I don't eat papaya because I just don't like it and I would never do that. She didn't believe me and kept up the nonsense and accusation. I asked her to let me see the seeds and guess what? They weren't papaya seeds at all, but rather rabbit droppings and the rabbit had been shitting on her head. Of course, she didn't believe me, but I told her that I'd bought 2 rabbits the day before and I had actually lost one. There were a few turds still left in her hair but I didn't tell her. I also noticed that there was rabbit shits in her food and veggies too. She'd been preparing lunch when it all started. I ran back upstairs to check, and I saw my other rabbit sitting on her rooftop looking at me. I went back into her house to ask her to let me go up to collect my rabbit. Finally, I got my rabbit but after a night of real damn cold, I woke to find him dead in his little cage.

I felt sad and probably won't be getting a rabbit as a pet again.

9 comments:

Preya said...

Oh my gosh--what a sad story. I guess it's not the year for rabbits. Maybe you should get a little pot-bellied pig; I hear they're smart:)

Unknown said...

Hahaaha~!! how cute, poor woman. You should have told her about the dropping left in her hair! Sorry the rabbit die :( It had to much fun... tsk

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Sorry long time no visit.

What started as a very funny story ended so tragically. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Wishing you a belated healthy Chinese New Year.

squish said...

Hi! Wow, I haven't posted a comment on your blog in awhile. I'm sorry about your rabbit. New pets can be trouble.

alan said...

Guess I need to do some reading! I'd have never believed it would get cold enough there to kill a rabbit!

Sorry you had such a sad experience when you were trying to do something kind!

alan

junebee said...

When I was small, my grandmother used to cook rabbit. She fried it and it tasted good. We also had rabbits as pets but I didn't seem to make the connection. They do poop alot though.

Anonymous said...

The pets I keep seem to die early deaths as well, especially fish.

I am sorry to hear about your rabbits...

Tomorrow is the last day of Tet.

So, happy Tet! ...before this year's comes to an end.

Van Cong Tu said...

Thanks for all comments. I think I better get another dog then