Thursday, October 15, 2009

Australia, Welcome Back!!!

Kl

After a long flight which stopped in Kuala Lumpur, I finally have arrived in Melbourne to start my 5 weeks holiday. This is my second time in Australia but I feel like it's the first time as I haven't been back here since 2005. Everything looks familiar but I need to restart my brain again to make sure which places I've been to. I don't think I will have any trouble here as Australia is such a multi-cultural country and people seem very friendly and easy going. I spent half a day shopping for winter clothes today in Melbourne as it's a bit too cold for me. Shopping here in Melbourne is not really expensive as they have many options plus spring is almost over so tthe warm clothes prices are down quite low but some brands are still very expensive such as Kathmandu...

Asparagus

In the afternoon, I went to my friend's sister's house for dinner. She cooked beautiful pasta and stired fried asparagus with lemon and pepper. It was so yummy but I need to behave myself so I didn't eat alot :). I was very surprised that the food in OZ is not that expensive, veggies and meat as well are cheap. There are many things much cheaper than in Vietnam especially WINE!!!!! I love wine and a decent bottle ranges from AU$6 up to Au$15. If you buy 6 bottles you can get 30% off and of course, we bought 6 bottles on the first day. It sounds like I am an alcoholic! I think that because there are lots of wineries in Australia, they need to be competitive in price which is good for the local people including me:).

Noodles

Anyway, I better stop here and get into bed for my 3 day trip to Sydney tomorrow morning. I hope I have enough time to make my noodles for breakfast before I leave. I also will try to spend some time in between to publish some photos and ideas about my trip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh MAL-ben, one of my favorite cities in the world. God, you are a lucky man, spending 5 weeks in the friendliest country on earth. I'm so jealous....

Anonymous said...

Hi, Have a great trip in Sydney. I am sure you will like it as much as I do. Lovely place even though a bit expensive compare to Melbourne.
Mike

schiehallion said...

Hi VGod! You probably know that Aussies are on the forefront of organic produce. Would be cool if you could visit/write/test some of it. For your inspiration,...
http://www.bfa.com.au/ (Biological Farmers of Australia); http://www.australianorganic.com.au/ (Australian certified Organic) - BTW, how is organic doing in Vietnam; any market?

Anonymous said...

how many kilo you bring in internally heroin?any for sale?

^cherie said...

hello,

sorry to post this comment here, but i needed answers! :P

just curious.. if i can only pick 1 place, should i visit tam coc or perfume pagoda?

i'm from Singapore. Thank you so much!

Happy Holiday!

Van Cong Tu said...

Thanks for all comments
Cherie,
Tam Coc is such a great place to be. Have fun!!!