Monday, October 08, 2007

Another Welcome Party Again

Liz

My good friend's mother came back to Vietnam for the fourth time and we decided to make a very simple BBQ party with a few friends. It was the mid- Autumn festival evening but without a full moon, unfortunately. It had been raining for 2 days due to a storm in China but it stopped just before the party. Somebody up there loves Vietnamese God!

Mathew - Liz - Pamela

I had put up some lines of lanterns outside the house which had been taken in and out a few times so they wouldn't get wet and ruined. I remember the last time I had a BBQ party and the rain ruined all my paper lanterns which I spent a whole day making but I was lucky this time.

Fresh Noodles - Mid Autumn party at home

I asked my ex-colleages to prepare some food for the party and it was really good. We had tiger draught beer, two different kinds of fresh spring rolls, lotus salad, mango with duck salad, together with beef and chicken on the BBQ. Some of my friends came with some desserts, fresh fruit and wine which was nice.

Mid Autumn party at home

It was great to catch up with friends and everyone seemed to have a great time. It was quite a late night but nobody seemed to be too drunk, probably because it was a Tuesday night and there was work the next day. Sometimes a mid-week party is good and it's nice not to wake up with a hangover!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get that revolting photo of me of that posting. PLEASE!I look like a nuff nuff!

Van Cong Tu said...

But I love that photo :) sorry about that :)

junebee said...

Is it difficult to make those rolls with shrimp on the outside?

Van Cong Tu said...

Junebee, It's not easy but I can show you if you wish :)
Have a great week.

Invertir en Oro said...

This blog is very good, congratulations!!!

www.pontevedra-3d.com said...

In my view one and all may read this.