Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nha Trang Oct 07

Long Son Pagoda - Nha Trang

Recently in Nha Trang, we spent most of our time on the beach and visited some famous places in between. We went to Long Son pagoda where the most biggest Buddha is located on the hill. Our taxi driver drove us to the top instead of us climbing up the hill as before, a quick way that I didn't know before. You can see a really good view of Nha Trang from here, the ocean and the other parts of the city. Downstairs from the white Buddha is a beautiful reclining Buddha. I love this pagoda not just because of its beauty, but also because it reminds me alot of my childhood when my family used to come here every New Year's Eve to wish for a good new year.

Cham tower - Nha Trang

After the beautiful white Buddha pagoda, we went to the Cham Towers, the most famous tourist stop in Nha Trang. We spent more than an hour looking around and took lots of photos and of course bought some stone statues and spoke to the lady who makes sand paintings. She makes really amazing pictures inside glasses, bottles and some tiny vases. I regret that I didn't buy one painting from her but I also think it'd be a dust collector as well.

Nha tho Nu'i - Nha Trang

We also visited the city Cathedral which is located right in the city centre. It was built by the French in 1928 and sports a grand clock on its face together with three giant bells. This is a popular stop for both tourists and locals. Most local couple come here for their wedding shots and pray for a happy marriage. Good idea, isn't it?

Hon Chong - Nha Trang

We ended our afternoon at the Hon Chong peninsula in the fresh ocean air looking back at the beautiful long white sand beach of Nha Trang. When we were there, we saw lots of young couples and kids hanging around, taking photos of each other and diving into the sea.

Nha Trang beach

One day I hope to find a good job in Nha Trang then I can live there. Unfortunately, this trip was too short and I didn't have the chance o spend much time with my family or eat at my favourite local restaurants. My friends loved Nha Trang and said they will be back here again in the future for sure.

6 comments:

mindy said...

The Cathedral is beautiful. I'll definitely go to Nha Trang when I'm in Vietnam.

Buddhist with an attitude said...

I love Nha Trang as well. Great food and such nice people....

junebee said...

How wonderfully lucky you were to grow up in such a beautiful area.

Van Cong Tu said...

Thanks for all comments. Yes, Nha Trang is a beautiful city and I love my hometown.
Have a good week!!!

Applecart T. said...

wow, it is gorgeous.

wish i could move there!

Unknown said...

I love Nha Trang, Nha Trang beautiful.