Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Beef Salad With Carrot and Celery

Wild Rice food

Beef salad is one of my favorite cold salads which I make sometimes at home by myself. I am sure that you guys can make it as easily as I do. It's really healthy and easily prepared and very cheap for the ingredients which you can buy at any Asian market.

Ingredients:
Beef sirloin: 500g
Spring onion: 50g
Carrot: 150g
Celery: 100g
Onion: 150g
Garlic: 10 g
Red chilli: 50 g
Fish sauce: 1 teaspoon
Sugar: 2 teaspoons
Lemon: 10 pcs
Fresh water: 2 teaspoons

Salad

How to make:
Put 3 litre of water into a saucepan then put beef sirloin in and bring to the boil, then simmer for two hours until cooked. After cooking cut the boiled beef into 4 cm long and 1 cm thin strips
Clean spring onion, carrot, celery & onion well then dry them before cutting them in to long and thin pieces (5 cm long).

Dipping sauce:
- Lemon: squeeze for juice. Put fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice, garlic and chili in a large mixing bowl; put 2 spoons of water in then stir well.
- Put beef meat & all prepared ingredients in above mixture; use chopsticks to mix all the ingredients.
- Serve cold.

7 comments:

kyh said...

oh my... this looks so yummy! too bad i cant eat lol... :(

Anonymous said...

It really tasty. My guests liked it very much and wanted the recipe.

saladland.blogspot.com

junebee said...

Ooh, sounds good. Like everything else you post here, yum yum.

black feline said...

it has being awhile...im hungry all over again...especially during winter.right now in Dubai

Anonymous said...

I would stir-fry the beef with lots of garlic and bit of soy souce and pepper. (you need to ask for the stir-fry beef at the market to make sure it soft). Everything else is the same your recipe.

Vietnam travel company said...

I like it. It is a dish delious.

Grand Vietnam tours said...

I like salad