Happy New Year everyone! Sorry but I've been lazy and I've been travelling. Wishing you guys a great new year in 2007 with lots of luck, happiness and health. Today, I'm giving you one of the most popular dishes which appears many restaurants in Hanoi. It's called soft shell crab in sweet and sour sauce. This is a delicious dish which you can eat for either a main course or as a starter and it's also very easy to make it yourself at home. Please, take a good look the following recipe. Hope you guys can make it as good as in the restaurant. Sorry for the picture which I took without the sauce.
Soft Shell crab: 400g
Egg: 1 egg
Green pepper: 50 g
Potato: 100 g
Cooking oil: 200g
Chicken Powder: 2 teaspoon
How to make:
- Wash crab thoroughly, drains well.
- Whisk the egg well also. Put crab in to this mixture then put it into starch until starch stick well onto the whole crab.
- Pour cooking oil into a pan bring to a boil, put prepared crab in fry until crab turn into brown color.
Sweet & sour sauce:
- Wash tomato thoroughly then chop finely
- Green pepper, tomato, carrot cut into small cubes (0.5 cm)
- Garlic chops finely.
- Pour cooking oil into a saucepan; bring to a boil, put garlic in and stir until garlic turn into brown color with nice smell. Pour prepared tomato in, put chicken powder & sugar in (enough for your taste)
- Put all prepared green pepper, potato, and carrot in; stir for 3 minutes then pour onto crab. Served hot.