Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winter Is Coming

Another year and another winter, a time which offers everyone in Hanoi a chance to dress up in a few extra layers of winter clothes. I've just realized that many more shops have just opened and also winter clothes are so expensive. I stopped at a shop in the old quarter just to have a look and I asked the shop owner about the price of a pair of jeans. Guess what? she told me they were $350. I almost died - $350 for a pair of jeans? I would never pay that much but I saw a couple go in and they bought two pairs of them. Oh my gosh, I wondered where the money comes from? They were only about 17 years old.

Hanoi winter

In Hanoi, there are different areas which sell different items of clothing. If you want to buy leather jackets, you have to go Hoang Quoc Viet Street, near Lenin park. The whole street only sells leather jackets and cheap suits. The leather jackets are from $100 up to $500 and the suits, quite cheap, from $15 to $90.

Clothes shop- Tran Nhan Tong

For the latest fashion in clothes, you can check out the shops around the old quarter and in the center where you can see heaps of real and copied clothes from CK, Chanel to Chinese clothes. If you don't really know about much about the quality you may get a copy with a high price.

7 comments:

Preya said...

Hi Tu:) Wow--that's damn expensive. I'm having my own winter woes here...our high temperature today is only 7 F (-14 C). :(

Tim Rice said...

You're right! How does one pay such prices for such clothing?

Hope you are doing well. And I wish you a Happy New Year 2007 even if I am bit late. :)

Anonymous said...

I can tell you how one pays for such clothes price, but my blog would be blocked and you wouldn't be able to read it anymore. :)

Melanie said...

Many coupons on winter wears are available at Wilsons Leather store... I love to buy my dresses from this store...

transex milano said...

To my mind everybody have to browse on it.

online pharmacy said...

Just another rainy winter in Hanoi, I love the city under the water cape. how nostalgic.

Leather Blazers said...

nice post love reading it.