Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Good Friend's Birthday

Khai's birthday

Khai is one of my good friends in Hanoi who I've known for over 4 years. His birthday was last Saturday and he invited me and some other friends for a hot pot night. It was a really good night which ended with karaoke at 12 am. Look at his photo, does he look happy turning 31 years old?

Khai's birthday- Lau

The hot pot was really delicious with lots of different ingredients. We chose a mixed hot pot which included prawns, squid, scallops, beef, lots of vegetables, three different kinds of noodles and a very popular ingredient for Hanoians, pig brains.

Khai's birthday- Lau

The meat and seafood was really tender and fresh except the pig brains. Pig brains are a bit too much for me even though I used to eat them when I was in Nha Trang. There, they are well-cooked with porridge. We couldn't even eat the noodles because there was still too much meat and vegetables left on the table. If you want to have a nice hot pot, try out Lau Hao Hao at 6 Phung Hung Street .

Khai's birthday- Lau

Congratulations Khai, another year and many more to come with lots of luck, happiness and full of money in the pocket :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks so yummy. I love lau on colder days. I Hope all is going well for you. Glad to see that you are blogging regularly again. The posts here are great. They remind me a lot of Vietnam and how nice it is to be in Hanoi. The only thing I had trouble with was the MSG (mi chin).

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I was borned in Saigon, moved to Minnesota and have been living here for 27 years. I stumbled onto your blog while searching for Vietnamese food. I love food in general but my heart always yearn for real authentic Vietnamese cooking. Can't wait to see more of your future blogs.
-Toni in Minneapolis

Cỏ Tím said...

I guess when it comes to good food and great companies, any occasion, even if it means you're getting "wiser", youre happy

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing your friend a wonderful birthday. Hope u had loads of fun...yeah he looks very happy indeed!And the food is just so gorgeous! Have a wonderful time with your friends!

Thuy said...

I don't think I would eat pig brain.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know pig brain is not cheap in Vietnam. It's been used for special baby food because "mom said it's good for youor brain"

Vietnam travel company said...

I like food.