Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stir-Fried Noodles

Pho Xao- Hang Thiec Street

It's impossible to talk about Hanoi without mentioning noodles. My favorite noodle dish in Hanoi is stir-fried noodles. This is very easy to make at home and easily found in the Old Quarter of Hanoi.

Pho Xao- Hang Thiec Street

One of my favorite street shops is in Hang Thiec Street, and even though the owner was very friendly for the first two years she started ripping me off. I'd sent her a lot of customers, too. I told myself that I would not come back again and I didn't for a year. But the other day I forgot my promise and went back.

Pho Xao- Hang Thiec Street

Both her noodle soup and stir-fried noodles are still great and her shop is even busier now which is good for her. I tried my favorite and she remembered that I don't eat tomato and I like fresh beanshoots which was nice. I finished my noodles and was charged the normal price like other people. I think she realized why I hadn't been there for such a long time. Thank you for not ripping me off again.

16 comments:

Preya said...

em rat thich an my xao--ngon lam! :)

Van Cong Tu said...

Preya, My xao an man hon pho xao, dung khong? Minh thinh thoang cung an My xao :)

Anonymous said...

Khanh, is it common practice for street vendors in Ha Noi not to advertise their price?

Tam

Van Cong Tu said...

Hi Tam, It depends on what you order, and different places with different prices. But she charged me 20,000Vnd
Thanks for your comment

D said...

Isn't it annoying when food vendors become complacent and start taking their regulars for granted? I've boycotted a few stores for the same reasons as well.

Anonymous said...

Khanh, do you think that the food is more expensive in Ha Noi than in Sai Gon? I have been to Sai Gon thrice. What is your opinion on Quan An Ngon at 18 Phan Boi Chau in Quan Hoan Kiem and Van Tue at 16 Lang Ha in Quan Ba Dinh?? Both of them have not been reviewed in your blog.

Tam

Anonymous said...

Hmmm noodles...

Anonymous said...

Those noodles look worth breaking a promise for! I'd definitely go back.

Preya said...

the a? Em muon thu an chao ca voi anh...khi em tro ve Hanoi, nhe? neu anh van con o do.

Van Cong Tu said...

Tam, Tu is my name. I dont think i would review all places as you mention but I may do it in the near future. It depends on where you go in both places. If you eat around Ben Thanh market that is more expensive.
Preya, I'd love to.

Anonymous said...

Tu, you are just adorable. I love reading your blog. I wish you can send My Xao via Fedex my way. ;)
-Toni in Minneapolis

Thuy said...

Oh! That picture made me so hungry! This is my favorite dish.

www.islas-baleares-3d.com said...

Here, I do not actually consider it is likely to have effect.

plazas con cherlon said...

Well, I do not really imagine this is likely to work.

Vietnam tours said...

I like your post. Thank nice.

Vietnam travel guide said...

Wow, delious, I like it.