Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Grilled Beef Rolled In La Lot Leaves

grilled beef in La Lot leaves

I stopped by this shop by accident due to the heavy rain while I was in Saigon, even though I have been wanting to try this dish since my last trip.

Grilled beef in La Lot leaves

Only 7000Vnd for one serve which includes lots of different herbs, cucumber, banana, noodles and rice paper to make your own spring roll and a very yummy brown smelly sauce which I love. You can choose between grilled beef rolled in La Lot leaves or grilled beef without leaves but this second beef is a bit fatty.

Grilled beef in La Lot leaves

Most of these shops are open from lunchtime till midnight but the busiest time is in the afternoon when people finish work. People sit along the pavement eating this dish and drinking beer or rice wine and I reckon this is one of the best street BBQ dishes in Saigon which is cheap and good.

Grilled beef rolled in La Lot leaves, available on Ton Duc Thang Street.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy! I miss the true Vietnamese food!

GoingGlobal said...

Ha ha! My absolute favorite!

These are so yummy. I recently tried to make them after finding the leaves here in a VN store. They actually turned out pretty good.

Anonymous said...

absolutely love this ...

Anonymous said...

YUM! My favorite item from Bo 7 Mon!

Rhiannon said...

Cha La Lot! Ngon qua! Em beit no nay, nhung ma em an nay o Hanoi ngon hon!

junebee said...

Looks delicious as always!

Jon Hoff said...

Hey! Great blog! I'm gonna try that dish out soon as possible. I'm also blogging in HCMC....would you like to link our sites up? See my blog at www.itsthefinalword.blogspot.com, and write me at cunningplanmylord@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

AJEYA RAO said...

Looks good...But I am a Vegitarian....Do you have good Veg dishes out there toooo? :-)

drifter1dc said...

God,

What street? What district? You mustn't post these stories without clear directions. Map to the buried treasure my good man! We will want to try them and will be lost in the wilderness.

drifter1dc said...

God,

My bad! Didn't see the street name earlier but what district?

Anonymous said...

That looks so so good. I bought two tickets to Saigon today! My girlfriend and I are going to spend 10 days together in a handful of towns, traveling and making a short documentary...I am looking forward to it...your blog is worth more than you know! Thank you for such detailed and interesting information about your country.

Trisha said...

MMMMM.... looks so delicious!

shaz said...

I just came back from HCMC. The food's awesome!!

FooDcrazEE said...

troi oi...ngon qua dai. must u remind me of VN food ?

Van Cong Tu said...

I think it's in district 1.

xl pharmacy said...

Well usually places like this are very good and cheap which is really important for economy, thanks

Đăng Quang said...

Looking very delicious