Friday, June 30, 2006

Grilled Tuna In Banana Leaves

Grilled tuna in banana leaves

Another day and another recipe from my colleagues at Wild Rice. This is one of the most popular main dishes at the restaurant. If you follow the recipe carefully, you can make your meal special.

Wild Rice

Ingredients:
Tuna: 250g (1 slice)
Eggplant: 500 g
Okra: 20g
Garlic: 10g
Red chili: 1 chili (chopped finely) & 2 others for grilling
Chili paste: 2 teaspoon
Sugar: 1.5 teaspoon
Chicken powder: 1.5 teaspoon
White pepper: 1 teaspoon
Cooking oil: 2 teaspoon

Method:
- Cut eggplants into half horizontally, then cut into half lengthwise
- Put tuna, eggplant, okra, red chili, chili paste, garlic, prepared red chili, cooking oil, chicken powder, sugar, white pepper into a large mixing bowl, mix well then marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the eggplant, okra and tuna over a hot flame for 5-7 minutes on each side.

Wild Rice

This dish is served with rice at the restaurant. But of course, it's always nice to order or prepare some vegetables or a salad, too.

16 comments:

GoingGlobal said...

Yum- this looks good. I will have to try it.

junebee said...

Looks delicious as always!

day-dreamer said...

I smell something nice cooking already, although the pictures are raw...

:P

Anonymous said...

Hey VNeseGod,
I heard about you from Virtual-Doug long time ago. He showed me your blog but actually I did not care much then. Today, have some free time and stop off your blog, I really enjoy the pictures you got. If you wish, I would be glad to talk to you. Write to me at lebaotuan (@gmail.com) just in case. Hope to hear from you some day...

girlO said...

Not only does this look good, but it looks like something I could actually do!

Kelvin said...

Hey - looks great !!! It looks like something a krazy monkey could do, as well. (hehe)

FooDcrazEE said...

hmmm...havent taste this dish in VN. when can u cook for me ?

Van Cong Tu said...

Easy to make, even though I haven't tried myself.

alan said...

Another recipe from you that looks wonderful! So much I learn here, thank you!

alan

Cergie said...

My mother was from that part of Vietnam. Her father was a small trader in a little village. And sure life was not easy then for them ! My mother cooked rice very well for her father. That is was great quality for a girl !

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Is that really Tuna fish? I thought Tuna is much a bigger fish. I remembered that when I was in Vietnam, that is what called "Tuna" looks like. But here in the US, Tuna is a different fish?

Van Cong Tu said...

Hi Anonymous, of course that's Tuna.
Cergie, Alan : Thanks for your comments

o cozinheiro louco doméstico said...

i accidentally found your blog and was very intrigued by the information you composed about food in Vietnam especially Sai Gon. My friend and I will be heading to Sai Gon for a 6 days trip over the Easter break. your blog is most helpful! Thank you

Vietnam tours said...

Oh, an attractive delicious food

Vietnam travel guide said...

I like fish.

Halong vietnam said...

I like your post. Thank you!